What customers say ...
[The trainer] knows well what scientists need, so his hints are very practical and valuable. The hands-on course [..] covers a wide range of examples and will be very helpful in my daily work. ..
Dorota Jarecka, University of Warsaw, Poland about the course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" more...
Course curriculum and delivery absolutely goal-oriented very understandable. Highly recommended!!!
Ralf Dörksen, Sangross about the course "Introduction to Django" more...
Very nice course, got many useful suggestions.
Dr.-Ing. Ralf Wieland, Institut für Landschaftssystemanalyse, Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung e.V. about the German version of the course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" more...
I enjoyed the course very much and learned a lot. My interest for quite few of topics was ignited during the course and I will into more details. I understood many principles. All in all: Very good training! Thank you very much all the best.
Dominik Schwinn, German Aerospace Stuttgart about the course "Python für Programmierer und Python für Wissenschaftler und Ingenieure" more...
Good course. Very fast progress without any prior Python knowledge.
Daniel Fuchs, GIGATRONIK Ingolstadt GmbH, about the German version of the course "Python for Programmers" more...
Frequently Asked Questions
Course at the Teaching Center in Leipzig
Course at the Teaching Center in Leipzig
- What operating system runs on the teaching computers?
- The teaching computers run Windows..
- May I bring my own laptop?
- Your are invited to bring your own laptop. Please tell us before the course if plan to do so. Depending on the course, you should have installed the necessary Python libraries. We are glad to tell which ones we need.
- Is there WALN access?
- Yes. Both, the computers in the teaching center as wells the laptops participants bring with them have WLAN access.
- What course topics do you offer?
- We offer a wide range of Python topics. We assemble an individual course from this for you an in-house course. We also develop new courses if you are interested in additional topics.
- Can we have a corporate course at the reaching center in Leipzig?
- Of course. The advantage of the teaching center is that the participants can fully concentrate on the course without any disturbances But in-house are always possible.
- Do you offer also courses in German?
- Yes. All courses are offered in English and German. Please look at our German website.
- Who uses Python?
- Goggle uses Python intensively. "Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning, and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we're looking for more people with skills in this language." so Peter Norvig, "Director of search quality" at Google, Inc. Lately, Google employs many well know people, who are involved in the development of the Python language itself or open source projects in Python. Since end of 2005, even the originator of Python, Guido van Rossum, is at Google. Other prominent users of Python are the NASA, Thawte (now part of VeriSign), Yahoo, and Red Hat. Python is considerably used by the scientific community.
- An interpreted language is slow, isn't?
- For many application run time speed is somewhat secondary. Due to the power of modern hardware there is no perceived difference in speed for graphical user interfaces between Python and other, compiled programming languages. However, for numerical calculations, often referred to as number crunching, Python is comparably slow. But since Python is such a great glue language there are numerous tools that bring the speed of C or FORTRAN to Python, while preserving the ease of use Python provides. Numeric and f2py are two applications in this category.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python Unconference 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyData Berlin 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon Montréal 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python BarCamp Köln 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Django Girls Wroclaw 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon Ireland 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyData London 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon 2014 Montréal.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python BarCamp Köln 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConDE 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon US 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConPL 2012.
The next open cousers
Python Academy sponsors EuroPython conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors EuroSciPy conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors Python BarCamp in Cologne
Next Meeting of Leipzig Python User Group, November 12, 2013
Introduction to Django, November 11 - 13, 2013
Professional Testing with Python, November 25 - 27, 2013
Advanced Django, January 13 - 15, 2014
Python Academy sponsors PyCon US conference 2013
Python Academy founder receives PSF Community Service Award