What customers say ...
I can absolutely recommend this course to everybody who wants become productiv with Python very quickly. ...
Dr. med. Beat Meister, Bern, Switzerland more...
Highly recommended. Many aha-experiences and took home many positive inspiratons.
Helmut Dittrich, CEO DiFis-Engineering UG, arrow-fix.com, about the German introduction to Django "Django für Fortgeschrittene" more...
Very good introduction to the programming language.
Matthias Enderle, freelancer programmer about the German version of the course "Python for Programmers" more...
The standard Python for programmers and the customized "Python for Experts" course where a great success. ..
Bart Hillaert, Alcatel-Lucent, Belgium more...
The Python Summer Course was a very good opportunity to know almost all about Python. ... Highly recommended!!
Dr. Fabio Lamanna, Complex Transportation Networks, Trieste, Italy more...
Frequently Asked Questions
Course at the Teaching Center in Leipzig
Course at the Teaching Center in Leipzig
- What operating system runs on the teaching computers?
- The teaching computers run Windows..
- May I bring my own laptop?
- Your are invited to bring your own laptop. Please tell us before the course if plan to do so. Depending on the course, you should have installed the necessary Python libraries. We are glad to tell which ones we need.
- Is there WALN access?
- Yes. Both, the computers in the teaching center as wells the laptops participants bring with them have WLAN access.
- What course topics do you offer?
- We offer a wide range of Python topics. We assemble an individual course from this for you an in-house course. We also develop new courses if you are interested in additional topics.
- Can we have a corporate course at the reaching center in Leipzig?
- Of course. The advantage of the teaching center is that the participants can fully concentrate on the course without any disturbances But in-house are always possible.
- Do you offer also courses in German?
- Yes. All courses are offered in English and German. Please look at our German website.
- Who uses Python?
- Goggle uses Python intensively. "Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning, and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we're looking for more people with skills in this language." so Peter Norvig, "Director of search quality" at Google, Inc. Lately, Google employs many well know people, who are involved in the development of the Python language itself or open source projects in Python. Since end of 2005, even the originator of Python, Guido van Rossum, is at Google. Other prominent users of Python are the NASA, Thawte (now part of VeriSign), Yahoo, and Red Hat. Python is considerably used by the scientific community.
- An interpreted language is slow, isn't?
- For many application run time speed is somewhat secondary. Due to the power of modern hardware there is no perceived difference in speed for graphical user interfaces between Python and other, compiled programming languages. However, for numerical calculations, often referred to as number crunching, Python is comparably slow. But since Python is such a great glue language there are numerous tools that bring the speed of C or FORTRAN to Python, while preserving the ease of use Python provides. Numeric and f2py are two applications in this category.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon Montréal 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Django Girls Wroclaw 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon Ireland 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyData London 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon 2014 Montréal.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python BarCamp Köln 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConDE 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon US 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConPL 2012.
The next open cousers
Python Academy sponsors EuroPython conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors EuroSciPy conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors Python BarCamp in Cologne
Next Meeting of Leipzig Python User Group, November 12, 2013
Introduction to Django, November 11 - 13, 2013
Professional Testing with Python, November 25 - 27, 2013
Advanced Django, January 13 - 15, 2014
Python Academy sponsors PyCon US conference 2013
Python Academy founder receives PSF Community Service Award