What customers say ...
The course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" is a very useful introduction to Python programming for scientific applications ...
Dr. Mihai Duta, Oxford Supercomputing Centre, UK more...
We had a wide range of Python experience in our group and each person gained something valuable to take away....
Dr. Ryan Woodard, Chair of Entrepreneurial Risks, ETH ETH Zurich, Switzerland more...
Mike is an outstanding teacher ... I will look for his classes in the future.
Jennifer Trasti, Software/Systems Engineer, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, USA more...
Good course. Very fast progress without any prior Python knowledge.
Daniel Fuchs, GIGATRONIK Ingolstadt GmbH, about the German version of the course "Python for Programmers" more...
Dr. Müller is (a) very good teacher .. (I) would highly recommend this course and also Dr. Müller for this course.
Dhiraj Surve, Suzlon.com about the course "Python for Programmers" more...
People that took courses have opinions about them:
I really liked the course since it offered a lot of information in a structured way. I especially found it helpful to see the different techniques "in action". This helped a lot to illustrate the principles and keep them in "mind".
Alexander Bittner, gocept GmbH & Co. KG
Dr. Müller is (a) very good teacher. His in-depth knowledge in Python has helped in clearing all the doubts and (he) had very good tips about overall Python programming and concepts. (I) would highly recommend this course and also Dr. Müller for this course.
Dhiraj Surve, Suzlon.com
Good course. Very competent trainer for this introduction. The course offers wide spectrum of topics and goes into depth were participants need it most.
Highly recommended. Many aha-experiences and took home many positive inspiratons.
Helmut Dittrich, CEO DiFis-Engineering UG, arrow-fix.com, about the German version of Adcanced Django
Good course. Very fast progress without any prior Python knowledge.
Very nice course, got many useful suggestions.
Mike [Müller] is an outstanding teacher his level of preparation, his perfectly polished handouts, his pre-class preparation tips for students all combined to make it very easy for me to absorb the information. I will look for his classes in the future.
I took his class in 2008 as well he has grown as a lecturer outstanding!
Jennifer Trasti, Software/Systems Engineer, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, USA
The Python Summer Course was a very good opportunity to know almost all about Python. The teacher was very friendly and helped students with questions and practical exercises about the course topics. Highly recommended!!
Fabio Lamanna, Ph.D. Complex Transportation Networks, Trieste, Italy
Mike [the trainer] was very well-organized and tailored the course to our requests. We had a wide range of Python experience in our group and each person gained something valuable to take away.
Dr. Ryan Woodard, Chair of Entrepreneurial Risks, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Within three days, I got a very good introduction to Python. The course was well designed and systematically covered all basics that are necessary to quickly make efficient use of the language. The course was didactically well structured. A valuable script and many practicable tips added to its quality. Individual needs were catered for skillfully making the course most useful for all participants. I can absolutely recommend this course to everybody who wants become productive with Python very quickly.
Dr. med. Beat Meister, Bern, Switzerland
The standard Python for programmers and the customized "Python for Experts" course where a great success. The courses where well documented and taught on a very professional way, which resulted in a boost on the Python knowledge. The good documentation and teacher knowledge was much appreciated. The hints we received, out of the scope of the course, where very useful. Structured teaching method! Thanks Mike.
Bart Hillaert, Sr HW Engineer, Alcatel-Lucent Bell NV, Antwerpen, Belgium
Participation in the course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" gave me great opportunity to discover many Python tools that are useful for scientists. Since I don't have a good programming background, I have to spend a lot of my working time dealing with programming. During course I've got to know how to solve my scientific problems easier and faster. Mike knows well what scientists need, so his hints are very practical and valuable. The hands-on course prepared by Mike covers a wide range of examples and will be very helpful in my daily work.
Dorota Jarecka, Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw (PhD student)
The course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" is a very useful introduction to Python programming for scientific applications and offers a comprehensive overview of this vast subject. Mike [the Trainer] is very knowledgeable about diverse aspects of Python scientific coding and adapts his course to fit the needs of his students.
Dr Mihai Duta, Scientific Software Advisor, University of Oxford, Oxford Supercomputing Centre
Very good introduction to the programming language. Optimal usage of course time. Good teaching material.
Matthias Enderle, freelancer programmer
In addition to our open courses in Leipzig, we do on-site courses at the premises of our customers. These Python trainings are adjusted to the needs of each customer. We achieve this by combining our course modules accordingly. Furthermore, we strive to use examples from the customer's daily tasks to demonstrate the possibilities of Python for the very problems of the customer.
Our customer courses include:
- a course for Alcatel Romania in Leipzig, Germany
- two courses for a leading Swiss financial service provider in cooperation with Zühlke
- three customized courses for Man Investments Ltd. in London, UK
- two customized courses for Speech Design GmbH in Munich, Germany
- a course for Erftverband
- a course for Teleatlas
- a course for KiKxxl
- three courses for the Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- one course for Siemens Austria in Vienna, Austria
- five customized courses for Alcatel Lucent Belgium in Antwerp, Belgium
- one course for Renaissance Services of Europe Limited in Dublin, Ireland
- two courses for the German Aerospace Center in Berlin, Germany
- two customized courses for the German Aerospace Center in Braunschweig, Germany
- a customized course for the The Macaulay Land Use Research Institute in Aberdeen, UK
- a customized course for IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA Y CONSTRUCCIÓN in Madrid, Spain
- a course for Deutsche Börse in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Participants of our course are programmers and software developers as well as scientists from different European countries. Among the participants were employees of the following institutions:
- TNO, a Dutch automotive supplier
- PetroMarker, a Norwegian oil exploration company
- Texas Instruments, Munich, Germany
- University of Oxford, Oxford Supercomputing Centre, UK
- Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale, Italy,
- Universite de Mons-Hainaut, Belgium
- University Warsaw, Poland
- German Aerospace Center, Braunschweig, Germany
The CEO of Python Academy, Mike Müller, Ph.D., regularly attends PyCon, the larges, international Python conference. So far he has given eight well attended tutorials as well as tutorials at other Python conferences:
- two tutorials (I_2007, II_2007) at PyCon 2007 about faster Python programs
- two tutorials (I_2008, II_2008) at PyCon 2008 about faster Python programs
- two tutorials at PyCon 2009 about optimizing Python programs (I_2009) and possibilities of storing data (II_2009)
- two tutorials at PyCon 2010 about optimizing Python programs(I_2010) and possibilities of storing data (II_2010)
- two tutorials at PyCon Asia-Pacific 2010 about optimizing Python programs (APAC_I_2010) and possibilities of storing data (APAC_II_2010)
- two tutorials at EuroSciPy 2010 about Using Fortran and C with Python and Scientific plotting with matplotlib
- a tutorial at O'Reilly Open Source Convention OSCON 2010 about Optimization of Python Programs
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon Ireland 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyData London 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon 2014 Montréal.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python BarCamp Köln 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConDE 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon US 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConPL 2012.
The next open cousers
Python Academy sponsors EuroPython conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors EuroSciPy conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors Python BarCamp in Cologne
Next Meeting of Leipzig Python User Group, November 12, 2013
Introduction to Django, November 11 - 13, 2013
Professional Testing with Python, November 25 - 27, 2013
Advanced Django, January 13 - 15, 2014
Python Academy sponsors PyCon US conference 2013
Python Academy founder receives PSF Community Service Award