What customers say ...
A useful and quite comprehensive introduction to Python.
Emil Simon, Researcher about the course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" more...
Dr. Müller is (a) very good teacher .. (I) would highly recommend this course and also Dr. Müller for this course.
Dhiraj Surve, Suzlon.com about the course "Python for Programmers" more...
The course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" is a very useful introduction to Python programming for scientific applications ...
Dr. Mihai Duta, Oxford Supercomputing Centre, UK more...
Mr. Müller explained very well and exhasutively. Alle question were answered. The learned material will definitely speed up my daily work. Thank you very much!
Martin Siemann, German Aerospace Stuttgart about the course "Python für Programmierer und Python für Wissenschaftler und Ingenieure" more...
The Python Summer Course was a very good opportunity to know almost all about Python. ... Highly recommended!!
Dr. Fabio Lamanna, Complex Transportation Networks, Trieste, Italy more...
Course: Twisted Training
Dates for Open Courses
Course available as open and in-house training. Currently no dates for open courses. Please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tutorial is intended for programmers with at least some Python experience who want to use the Twisted framework. It is suitable for people trying to start new Twisted projects, are looking to integrate Twisted with an existing non-Twisted project, or who have inherited an existing Twisted project.
Many components of the course can be left out or adjusted to suit your specific needs.
- Introduction (40 min)
Event loops (10 min)
- Environment setup (25 min)
- Dependencies and required software
- Where to get help (10 min)
- Support channels: IRC, mailing list...
- Protocols, factories and endpoints (40 min)
Introduction (5 min)
Building a simple protocol (15 min)
Client and server factories (5 min)
- Serving your protocol: (5 min)
Existing and composable protocols (10 min)
- Deferreds (60 min)
- Introduction (10 min)
- Exercises (30 min)
- @inlineCallbacks (20 min)
Important toplevel packages
- Twisted Web (90 min)
- Servers (with exercises) (60 min)
- Resource traversal
Clients (exercises based on previous servers) (60 min)
- Twisted Cred: pluggable authentication (45 min)
Other toplevel packages and third party packages
- twisted.words: Chat protocols & IRC support
- IRC clients
- A simple bot (30 min)
- Adding more advanced behavior (e.g. webhooks) (45 min)
Building an IRC server (30 min)
Wokkel (Friend fork with advanced Jabber/XMPP support) (30 min)
twisted.news: NTTP support (30 minutes)
twisted.conch: SSH support (timing depends on level of detail and which components)
- Database access
- twisted.enterprise + txpostgres (60 min)
- txredis, paisley (couchdb), telephus (cassandra) (each 60 min individually)
- Axiom (60 min)
twisted.spread: distributable computing (60 min)
twisted.names: DNS servers and clients (30 min)
Twisted Community Code (tx) (length depends on the package)
scrapy: advanced scraping architecture built on Twisted (120 min)
- Dealing with legacy/synchronous code (1h 45 min)
- WSGI app case study: django-packages (60 minutes)
- Threads: deferToThread(Pool), blockingCallFromThread (45 minutes)
- Dealing with CPU-bound problems
- Introduction (15 min)
- Explicit cooperative multitasking (45 min)
- Threads (reference; see previous mention of threads) (30 min)
- Multiprocessing options and Ampoule (60 min)
- Application framework (1h 30 min)
- Services and applications (15 min)
- twistd: running servers & daemonization (30 min)
- Twisted's plugin system (15 min)
- Writing your own twisted plugins (30 min)
- Advanced application concepts (1h 30 min)
- Process monitoring: daemontools, upstart, systemd, etc. (30 min)
- Live server monitoring and maintenance with manhole (60 min)
- Contributing to Twisted (1h 30min)
- Issue tracker (30 min)
- Setting up the environment (45 min)
- Review process (15 min)
In addition to the previous topics, the following topics are touched on as needed:
Test Driven Twisted: twisted.trial (tutorial is TDD where sensible)
- twisted.python: useful random python utilities
- FilePath: like paths but better
Every participant receives comprehensive printed materials that cover the whole course content as well as a CD with source code and used software.
Laurens Van Houtven has extensive programming and entrepeneurial experience. He is a Twisted committer, has built two business on top of Twisted, and is a member of the Python Software Foundation.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python Unconference 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyData Berlin 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon Montréal 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python BarCamp Köln 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Django Girls Wroclaw 2015.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon Ireland 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyData London 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon 2014 Montréal.
The Python Academy is sponsor of Python BarCamp Köln 2014.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConDE 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroPython 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyCon US 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of EuroSciPy 2013.
The Python Academy is sponsor of PyConPL 2012.
The next open cousers
Python Academy sponsors EuroPython conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors EuroSciPy conference 2013
Python Academy sponsors Python BarCamp in Cologne
Next Meeting of Leipzig Python User Group, November 12, 2013
Introduction to Django, November 11 - 13, 2013
Professional Testing with Python, November 25 - 27, 2013
Advanced Django, January 13 - 15, 2014
Python Academy sponsors PyCon US conference 2013
Python Academy founder receives PSF Community Service Award